Ph.D., Paleoclimate modeler
- Dataset: Cretaceous global climatic fields simulated using the FOAM ocean-atmosphere general circulation model
- Publication: Carbonate platform production during the Cretaceous
- Publication: Revising the timing and causes of the Urgonian rudistid-platform demise in the Mediterranean Tethys
- Publication: Extinction intensity during Ordovician and Cenozoic glaciations explained by cooling and palaeogeography
- Publication: Global distribution of modern shallow-water marine carbonate factories: a spatial model based on environmental parameters
Category Archives: MITgcm
Link to pdf: Michel2019_IntJEarthSciences
Publication: Quantifying the paleogeographic driver of Cretaceous carbonate platform development using paleoecological niche modeling
Highlights: We use a general circulation model to simulate Cretaceous environmental conditions. We identify oceanic regions favorable to the development of platform carbonates. The ecological niche model performs well in the Aptian. It also captures the increase in platform carbonates … Continue reading
Publication: Ocean Circulation in the Toarcian (Early Jurassic): A Key Control on Deoxygenation and Carbon Burial on the European Shelf
Key Points: The southern European Shelf remained oxygenated during the Toarcian Oceanic Anoxic Event. Ocean dynamics, notably the Tethyan clockwise gyre, largely controlled bottom water oxygen concentrations on the European Shelf. Organic carbon burial in the European Shelf likely contributed … Continue reading
Publication: Possible patterns of primary productivity during the Great Ordovician Biodiversification Event
Link to pdf: Pohl2017_Lethaia
In its 3rd volume, « l’edition » of University Paris-Saclay proposes a nice summary of our recent work about the Ordovician climate and ice sheet. Do not hesitate to take a look by there to know more about this fascinating geological period !
See you at CEREGE during the next 2 years !