Ph.D., Paleoclimate modeler
- Dataset: Cretaceous global climatic fields simulated using the FOAM ocean-atmosphere general circulation model
- Publication: Carbonate platform production during the Cretaceous
- Publication: Revising the timing and causes of the Urgonian rudistid-platform demise in the Mediterranean Tethys
- Publication: Extinction intensity during Ordovician and Cenozoic glaciations explained by cooling and palaeogeography
- Publication: Global distribution of modern shallow-water marine carbonate factories: a spatial model based on environmental parameters
Category Archives: Climate modeling
In its 3rd volume, « l’edition » of University Paris-Saclay proposes a nice summary of our recent work about the Ordovician climate and ice sheet. Do not hesitate to take a look by there to know more about this fascinating geological period !
See you at CEREGE during the next 2 years !
Publication: High potential for weathering and climate effects of non-vascular vegetation in the Late Ordovician
Link to pdf: Porada2016_NatCom
Keypoints: Earth system model providing the first detailed simulation of Middle to Late Ordovician land ice growth Model/data comparison suggests a Darriwilian age for glacial onset A single ice sheet of large extent covered Gondwana during the Hirnantian glacial maximum. … Continue reading
Highlights We model Early, Middle and Late Ordovician ocean surface circulation. Our basemaps are fully compatible with the most recent palaeontological databases. Synthetic maps are produced to aid the interpretation of palaeobiogeographical data. Major patterns of modelled ocean surface circulation … Continue reading
Link to pdf: Pohl2014_ClimPast
Link to pdf: Godon2013_EPSL